Sunday, March 14, 2010

Diverting Attention

I have found something that diverts my thoughts of cravings, and wanting to constantly eat- painting! I love getting my creative juices flowing! Here is a picture I made of one of my bunnies, Marbles:



He's a cutie, isn't he? He is such a sweetheart! That position is called "loafing" because bunnies tuck their paws under their bodies making them resemble a loaf of bread, or meatloaf.....with ears lol. I made a picture of our first rabbit Thumper about a year ago, so I had to make one of him. My babies inspire me, and that's what I paint. Thumper (a.k.a. Queen) is about 3 years old, and Marbles will be 1 next month.

It has worked so far to keep me occupied, as well into diving into my Spring cleaning. It is nice to have some kind of orginazation again, we moved in this house a few months ago and the boxes have sat in the closet since then. I still have the walls, deep freezer and tub to scrub, the inside of the couches vaccumed, the couch cleaned and all windows cleaned. Then, I should be done. I listen to music while I clean because it gives me a boost of energy and makes it fun.

I will have to start kicking myself to keep a journal, it makes things much more realistic of what you are consuming. It helps eating the right way easier if you look down at a piece of paper and ask yourself, "Do I really eat this much or this way?" The paper will tell you the truth if you write down the truth. And the truth is for me: I am an emotional eater. I need to eat for nutrition, not comfort. Eat for health, not to make me unhealthy.

I was looking at some old Physician records for me, and at that time, (2006-2007) I complained alot about back and knee pain. The Doctor always wrote on every visit "OBESE" in big capital letters. I didn't like seeing that. I don't want to be known as that any more. I don't want obesity to be the thing people look at me for. I don't want to be a toothpick (although with my large bone frame will never happen!) I just want to look healthy and be in a healthy weight range. Being underweight is the same extreme as being overweight or obese.


With all this said, it is time for the.....

Thought of the Day
"You can't steal second base with your foot still on first base."

No comments:

Post a Comment