Friday, March 12, 2010

My Mind is a Battlefield

It's been awhile since I have blogged, I have been so busy! I will start out by saying I have cheated a bit in my diet. I am still eating healthy, but I have steered to those addicting Starbucks' Caramel Frapps! I have also been eating more in volume. I am disappointed in myself, but I am not going to cry about it. Nuh-uh, not me. I am getting back on track and just trying to move on.

I have not weighed myself lately because I was really swollen the last couple weeks, and of course I gained water weight. I will spare the details for any male readers...... ;) I will weigh myself next week to see what damage I have done and need to repair.

Back to those Frapps, I am now drinking the Light Caramel ones. They have alot less calories and fat and I do not feel guilty drinking one. I get the Venti size, and here is the breakdown comparison of the Original and Light:

ORIGINAL VENTI W/ WHIPPED CREAM

Calories 500
Fat 16g.
Sat. Fat 10g.
Cholesterol 60mg.

LIGHT

Calories 220
Fat 1.5g.
Sat. Fat 0g.
Cholesterol <5mg.

HUGE difference, right? It is so scary to realize what you consume when eating out. You don't realize what you consume while eating out, and possibly not even care. I hate not to eat out because that is what we do as a family. It's fun! There are not healthy restaurants around here, and I would love to start up one to cater to people like me who love to eat out, but are watching what they eat. I have been eating quite a bit of Subway lately, because it is the best choice around. I would love to see them branch out into healthy dining.....with meals and healthy desserts.


I want to thank those who have encouraged me on Facebook, it means alot to me. I haven't given up, just disappointed in myself for letting myself slip because of stress. I was swollen, my husband AND daughter was sick, it was wearing me down. I have decided I will incorporate counseling to help me with my journey. I need help to fight my cravings, big appetite, and emotional eating.

I have battled so much in my life alone, why can't I battle this?????? It is much harder than it looks, but it can be done. And, I can do it! I have WILL OF STEEL.

With all this said, I shall give you the.....

Thought of the Day

"The battle of the mind is the toughest battle to win."

No comments:

Post a Comment